Autism West and Mentally Healthy WA at Curtin University are proud to announce that we have teamed up to promote good mental health to young people with autism through the Act-Belong-Commit positive mental health campaign!
Autism West has formed a partnership with Mentally Healthy WA with the aim to:
- ACT – Provide opportunities for individuals to be physically, mentally, spiritually and socially active
- BELONG – Encourage individuals to join and actively participate in our social groups, events and activities
- COMMIT – Encourage individuals to become a volunteer for Autism West, join our Ambassador Program, to take on committee positions, and to be more broadly involved in our community events, and those of our partner organisations.
On top of that, we aim to:
- Reduce economic or social barriers to participation in our activities by offering some low cost or free activities
- Encourage role modelling of positive values, behaviour and interests
- Encourage support for building capacity in mental health promotion through proactively supporting training and developmental workshops and programs.
For more information, visit the Act-Belong-Commit website or contact (08) 9266 4648.